Thursday, 27 June 2013

First Impressions of Time Rep

by  Peter Ward
Pub Date: Jul 9 2013
Publisher: Diversion Books 
ARC recieved from publisher (thank you!) 


Summary: 

Time Reps are tour guides for time travellers. Sounds pretty good, right? 

There's one catch. You have to be the most insignificant person in the world to qualify. When Geoffery Stamp is offered the job, he's not sure to be flattered or offended. 

Set in 21st Century London, England, Geoffery uncovers a conspiracy to change the course of history. 









Thoughts: 

Time Rep has a suspenseful premise, solid writing, and an extremely relatable character. I was unable to finish the book purely for personal reasons. Put plainly, it's just not my cup of tea.   

It has many great qualities. Ward's use of different writing devices (metaphors, parallelism) just pile on, one after the other like a film reel and I start to feel desensitized. The dry humor somehow doesn't hit my spot. The British lingo seems authentic, but leaves me confused. The detailed way in which the story is explored combined with very ordinary dialogue leaves me itching for action.

I honestly think this is a solid story, with an exciting premise (which is why I requested it) but due to some strange astronomical reason, I am not the person to enjoy this. 

Rating: None (did not finish) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio